Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas is just around the corner!

Christmas is once again just around the corner. With just over 2 weeks before the day, I couldn't be more excited. I finally got around to ordering what I wanted to for Christmas, and it's actually some decent stuff, unlike last year where I got next to nothing, mostly because I didn't want anything. This year, I ordered a new case for my iPad, a new phone, an Under Armour sweatshirt and a pair of Under Armour sweatpants, as I have no good pairs of sweatpants at all, and I really like Under Armour. I'm especially excited about the new phone, as it's touchscreen and has a sliding QWERTY keyboard along with. It's not that my current phone is broken, it's just time for an upgrade, as I've had my current phone for well over 3 years now.

I am almost as excited about my new case as I am my new phone. My current iPad's case is falling apart, and it's really a nuisance more than anything. It doesn't serve as a great stand, and it leaves too much of the edges and corners of the iPad exposed, so two of the corners of the iPad are slightly damaged from it accidentally hitting the side of the table where I keep it, and it's just getting old and is ripping in certain areas. If I keep it any longer, it'll probably fall apart even more and probably damage my iPad more than I want it to get damaged. It sucks that the two corners that got damaged are damaged, as now the iPad looks beat-up when out of the case, and not as awesome, but oh well. :( that's how life is. It's nearly impossible to keep that shit 100% intact, unless you're extremely OCD, which I'm only slightly. Yes, I've admitted it - I'm slighlty OCD.

My two other items I'm getting, the Under Armour sweatshirt and sweatpants, are going to be very nice, as I don't have many good sweatshirts to wear, and I only have one pair of sweatpants that fit me, but I use them for chores, and not school wear. The sweatshirt is black with a white "UA" logo on it, and the sweatpants are grey with a little "UA" logo on the side. The two will make for a nice outfit to wear to school. It'll also make for a nice outfit to tease one of my friends with that loves to wear sweatpants and sweatshirts. :) It's gonna be a good Christmas. I know it will be.

Not really so much related to Christmas, but I had started up this whole "TechSalsa" a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I had a great idea going for me. I was planning on making a YouTub account with that name and making very basic technical computer videos showing people who aren't so tech-savvy how to do basic things on computers, but I soon realized what a hassle it was for me. I couldn't even think of basic things that any computer-illiterate person may need help knowing how to do, so that was the biggest issue. The only video I had come up with was "How to Copy Files and/or Folders". Yeah. It was so basic, I was laughing at myself. But, it was something, so I started with that, seeing how it would go.

It didn't last long. I kept the video up for maybe 2 days before deciding to delete the video, the account, my website and my Google account associated with all of it. I had started regretting getting all of it set up, and I was worried about that happening when I started the site up. I knew that I was eventually going to lack motivation to keep making videos, and that's kind of the reason why I stopped making videos after my freshmen year of high school was over. I couldn't think of any good ideas, and I just wasn't motivated to make videos. Plus I sucked at editing them, so that just added to all of it. Anyway, I think this is a decent-sized post for today. That about does it!

No comments:

Post a Comment