Friday, December 26, 2014

Missed a week, but Christmas!

Well I unfortunately skipped/forgot about last week's posting, but oh well. Yesterday was Christmas, and I got a lot of cool stuff. I got a new mouse for my computer that works really well, I got a new laptop alongside my current desktop (so I can bring it to school with me and work on it there instead of use their shitty and slow PCs), I got 3 new Xbox 360 games, some nice clothes, a neat fake marshmallow-shooting gun, the annual coin collection from my grandparents, some money and a 2015 Green Bay Packer calendar. Now that I think about it, I actually got way more than I realized I did. I only ordered myself 7 different items that I knew I'd be getting, but I was given several other gifts from my sisters and parents that I didn't know I'd be getting.

I'm currently waiting on a download for iTunes to finish up on my new laptop. It's a Lenovo G50-70, with Windows 8.1. I looked long and hard for a decent laptop that had Windows 7 on it, but I decided to plunge into the world of Windows 8 and see how it does for me. So far I'm not hating it, but I miss Windows 7 a little bit. 8 definitely has some cooler features, like switching between apps quickly, closing apps out, scrolling with just the touchpad (laptop-only, I'd assume), being able to put apps side-by-side (and the desktop is considered an app, so you can even put that on the side), and some other stuff I'm sure I'll learn of along the way. I've got about 10 minutes left on the iTunes download, and then later tonight I'll start downloading AutoCAD and get that ready to set up on here.

I knew yesterday was gonna go by really fast. Christmas Eve, to me, honestly, didn't really feel that much like Christmas Eve. Sure, I knew it was Christmas Eve, but it just didn't really seem any different to me like it did in previous years. Even yesterday, Christmas Day, didn't seem completely different either. It's not like I don't appreciate these holidays anymore, it just went by so quickly that it's like I hardly had time to appreciate it. Oh well, I've still got the Alumni Pep band, New Year's Eve, hanging out with some friends and other things to look forward to still before I begin my second semester of college, which starts on January 16th.

The thing I like a lot about this laptop is that the keyboard isn't sticking a half inch out from the laptop itself, like some are, and so your typing on it isn't so annoyingly loud after a while, it's a lot quieter and easy to work with. I don't know if that was the right word choice, but I don't really care. Anyway, that download as just around 6 minutes left, so I'll probably finish this up now, wait for that to be done and then work on some other shtuff. Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment