Saturday, August 26, 2017

It's Late But I'm Still Posting

I've never realized, until very recently, how much money people probably spend on dating sites. I joined Tinder in mid-to-late June, and then followed that with OK Cupid a week or so ago, and then hit up Match.com and Zoosk. Between those four sites, you could easily spend at least $50/month or more just to have anything from unlimited likes to actually viewing messages from others or seeing who liked your profile. Tinder Plus is $10/month for unlimited likes and a new "Likes You" section, OK Cupid as "A-List Basic" and "A-List Premium" to see who likes you and when a message you've sent is read (among various other "perks"), Match has several tiers of subscriptions, and this site is near-useless as a free user. Unless you pay a minimum of $15/month for 3 months, you can do no more than view profiles and like them. No messaging, no viewing messages, no seeing who likes you, none of that. Zoosk has subscriptions to use "SmartPick" and view profiles of those who liked you.

The first girl I matched with on Tinder is done with. She stopped responding to my messages last month for whatever reason. I haven't matched with a single person since, across any dating site. I've gotten plenty of likes from others, but all of them on OK Cupid weren't my type/very attractive, and Match doesn't let me see them without payment... kinda the same with Zoosk. I kind of figured there would be a point at each one where certain features weren't free, but holy shit, the smallest things they hide. Wanna see who likes you? Give us $20 and we'll tell you! Wanna see this message? Subscribe for 6 months and you'll get it!

There is one girl I found on Match who's very pretty and a Packer fan (golden package right there), but she hasn't been on in 2 weeks, and I can't do anything but Like her as a free user, so it's nearly pointless. Even if I did have a subscription, who's to say she is a subscriber and won't see the message anyway?

That's all I got in the tank for this one. It's 1:34 AM, I'd like to be up by 9 and drag myself to the gym sometime tomorrow. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment