Saturday, January 10, 2015

Football

So, football. Football football football. Lots of football lately. The regular season ended about two weeks ago, and the playoffs started last weekend. The Wildcard games were last weekend, the Divisional games are this weekend and the AFC and NFC Championship games are next weekend. The Super Bowl is on Sunday, February 1st, and I'm hoping the Packers are in it. They are playing the Dallas Cowboys tomorrow at 12:05 PM, and they have a pretty good chance of winning, especially because they are playing at home and are currently undefeated at home (8-0). The Cowboys, however, are 8-0 on the road (aka undefeated), and so it's gonna be a tough match-up, it ain't gonna be a cake walk by any means.

Aaron Rodgers was hurt a little bit against the Lions in Week 17, and his calf and I think his left leg are what have been giving him trouble the past few weeks. The Packers did have a bye week, so he got some additional time off to let his leg heal, but I don't think it's gonna be 100% by tomorrow. Rodgers was, however, able to finish the game and beat the Lions 30-20 after aggravating his left leg, so that shows a lot with how well he's able to play under some pain and pressure. I mean, if a quarterback is already playing on an injured leg, aggravates it after throwing a TD, goes out of the game for not even a half hour and then comes back and wins the game anyway, I don't get how that isn't a deserving MVP award moment.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about the game, nervous about how the Packers defense can handle Romo and the Cowboys offense, but I'm sure they'll pull it off in the end. I don't always predict the outcomes of games and their scores, but I'm gonna go for it on this one and say the Packers are either gonna win by a field goal or one TD, or they'll lose by two TDs. The score? 37-30. That's gonna be my guess. It's a good strong amount of points and a reasonable gap for the Packers and the Cowboys. I mean, based on how the Cowboys played against the Lions, it could be a very close game. We beat them (Lions) 30-20, but the Cowboys won by just 4 points, 24-20, so I'd say we have a decent chance of even making it a two possession win.

Alright, so halftime is over for the Seahawks and Panthers game. I'm kinda rooting for the Panthers because I think we have a better chance of going to the SB off of the Panthers than we do off of the 'Hawks. Who knows? We could very well kick the 'Hawks ass too, ya never know how the Pack ends up playing against Wilson and his team. I'd love to see that happen, but we gotta wait another day before we find out their potential. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment