Friday, November 23, 2012

What if...

Something that just dawned on me not even five minutes ago was this question: What if texting never existed? What if that whole concept had never been created and would never be created? Would friends still talk as much as they do now outside of school and other activities? If you aren't an avid texter, you don't really know the many advantages of it. For one, you're able to think about your response a little more to a question that a friend may ask you, or just on whatever you're talking about. With calls, however, you don't get as long of a time to think about your response; it has to be fairly quick to keep things not awkward. A very good friend of mine that I talk to all the time, literally every day of the week, asks me questions that I sometimes have a hard time finding a good answer to, and if calling was the only form of communication, I don't know how much I'd actually talk to her... I mean, I'd still talk to her at school, but I don't know about at home.

The only couple of downers with texting is that you can't always tell if someone is being sarcastic or serious sometimes through a text message, whereas you can via a call. Your friend has a much better chance of taking something the wrong way through a text than through a call, obviously, but that just shows you the difference between the two forms of communication. There's really only been one instance of where I didn't know if my friend was being sarcastic about something towards me, or if she was being serious, and she was serious, but it was all good.

Anyway, there isn't really too much else I can say about this topic, so I'm just gonna end it now, as it's late, I'll be getting to bed soon, and yeah. Bai.

No comments:

Post a Comment