Wednesday, July 18, 2012

This new Internet sucks.

So we have been with Bertram Wireless for quite a while now, and our family was so fed up with it being terribly slow and not loading properly sometimes, and we decided to head into Verizon Wireless to check out their Mobile Broadband plans. After the salesman got us all set up and sent us on our way, the speeds weren't impressive at all. I was expecting 4G speeds of 12Mbps, but it barely matched up to what Bertram was giving us. I'm really wanting to get rid of this already and just stick with Bertram, since it really isn't that great. Of course, I'm gonna leave it until every else gets home and then see what they think, and if we all end up really hating it, Bertram is back in. 


I have been checking every website that I normally go on to see how well it loads with the new connection, and it's noticeably slower than Bertram's speeds, and those speeds aren't even very fast compared to other ISPs. I'm especially waiting for Lindsay to get home to see what she has to say about it, and if she thinks it's any better. If it was all up to me, I'd just say get rid of all of it and return the damn thing, being as it won't be better soon. I almost wish we had never done this, since now we have a 2-year contract. Although, the salesman said we have 3 days to return it if we don't get good signal. So... yeah, we'll see what happens.

1 comment: